Single Storey House Plans
Single storey house plans or one storey house plans are the ideal choices for families with young kids. Homeowners with mobility concerns or who plan to age in place also tend to prefer single storey homes.
Here at Meridian Homes, we offer you a wide range of modern single storey house plans – whether you’re looking to build a home or an investment property.
We have several single storey house plans, including ones that consider economy in terms of space and budget whilst still giving a sense of spaciousness. We also provide suggestions on future additions you can make to enhance your home so it fits your lifestyle better.
Advantages of single storey house plans
Aside from being the perfect option for homeowners with kids or mobility concerns, single storey house plans present other advantages that are too good to ignore:
- Easier maintenance: Single storey homes are easier to maintain inside and outside. If you wish to do some spring cleaning, all areas of your home are accessible – including the roof, which you can reach safely using a ladder.
- Higher energy efficiency: Since most modern single storey house plans feature a central living area, heated and cooled air flows seamlessly and naturally through all spaces so you conserve energy. You also don’t need to invest in a complex and more expensive HVAC system.
- Affordability: Single storey house plans are usually less costly to construct than ones with a multiple storey design.
- Generously spaced living areas: With the application of open single storey house plans, communal areas such as the living, dining and kitchen are not boxed off from one another, so you can enjoy more space. And with the addition of expansive windows, skylights and vaulted ceilings, you can have plenty of natural light and relaxing vertical space.
- Room to add or expand living spaces: If you have a large lot, you can easily add a patio, sunroom or deck in the future if you don’t feel the need to have one now.
Ready options for your requirements
Choose from our range of stylish 2-, 3-, 4- and 5-bedroom modern single storey house plans designed with today’s modern lifestyle in mind.
Aside from our impressive gallery of beautiful and functional family single storey house plans, we have dual occupancy house plans for property investors. We also have Smart Series plans for those looking to build their first home or who want a house that makes economical use of space.
Got more questions?
Ready to build the home you want from our selection?
Please contact Meridian Homes today!