Modern Single Storey House Plans
At Meridian Homes, our host of single storey house plans or one storey house plans are the ideal choice. Whether you are a family with young children, a homeowner with mobility concerns or just prefer single storey homes, we have the perfect single storey house design. With over two decades of experience building luxury one storey houses in Sydney, we are confident that our expertise and professionalism are unmatched.
If you’re looking to build a home or an investment property, at Meridian Homes, there’s no dream that’s too big or too ambitious. We are proud to offer one of the most extensive ranges of modern single storey house plans in Sydney.
We have over 30 beautifully designed single storey house plans to choose from, with a range of single storey house designs specifically designed to be equally as spacious as they are affordable to appeal to those with a budget in mind. Our highly experienced team can also provide you with personalised recommendations for future additions or changes to your home that can be made to not only enhance your house but also suit your lifestyle better.
Advantages of single storey house plans
Aside from being the perfect option for families with children or mobility concerns, single storey house plans present other advantages that are too good to ignore:
- Easier maintenance: Single storey homes are easier to maintain inside and outside. If you wish to do some spring cleaning, all areas of your home are accessible and can be cleaned easily with a little effort – including the roof, which you can reach safely using a ladder.
- Higher energy efficiency: Since most modern single storey house plans feature a central living area, heated and cooled air flows seamlessly and naturally through all spaces so you conserve energy. You also don’t need to invest in a complex and more expensive HVAC system.
- Affordability: The affordability of single storey house plans is a selling point for those looking to build their own home. Construction on these simpler designs can be completed more quickly and at less expense than with larger buildings, which can free up some budget for other areas such as landscaping.
- Generously spaced living areas: With the application of open single storey house plans, communal areas such as the living, dining and kitchen are not boxed off from one another, so you can enjoy more space. And with the addition of expansive windows, skylights and vaulted ceilings, you can have plenty of natural light and relaxing vertical space.
- Room to add or expand living spaces: If you have a large lot, many single storey house designs afford you the freedom to expand your living spaces in the future, without much disruption to the existing structure. Want to add a patio or deck? Easy!
Ready options for your requirements
Choose from our range of stylish 2-, 3-, 4- and 5-bedroom modern single storey house plans designed with today’s modern lifestyle in mind.
Aside from our impressive gallery of beautiful and functional family single storey house plans, we have dual occupancy house plans for property investors. We also have Smart Series plans for those looking to build their first home or who want a house that makes economical use of space.
Got more questions?
Ready to build the home you want from our selection?
Please contact Meridian Homes today!